How would you like to never have to buy an egg dying kit again? Here's a brilliant idea to use Kool-Aid instead of those dye pellets or messy packets.
- Choose your flavor and color of Kool-Aid - all have their own specific color usually matching the color on the packet
- Add 2/3 cup of water and packet to hot or cold water and stir.
- Add hard boiled eggs and let them sit in the mixture until the desired color is obtained. You don't need vinegar as Kool-Aid contains citric acid
- You can even wrap rubber bands carefully around eggs when you dip them. After you take the rubber bands off the eggs are left with beautiful lines where the dye didn't touch.
- Let the eggs dry completely.
That's it! Easy, cheap and you may even have all that you need already at home.